Monday 18 October 2010

Day One

I have decided to think of this as a game. Therefore, any set-backs or embarrasing moments are just all part of the fun...no need to take it so seriously!

This morning I started the 'Michel Thomas' audio cd's, which were fabulous. I couldn't believe what I could say by the end of the first cd. And it was actually fun!

Then I went to work, and met my first challenge: to speak to at least one person each day in French. I spoke to the tech guy at my uni, who asked me if the TV I was returning had been okay. I replied, "c'etait", as in "it was". He explained to me that in French, you can't just say, 'it was' with nothing afterwards, so I said, "c'etait bon"...he laughed and said, 'zis iz onlee for ze sex!".  Apparently, 'bien' is for material things, and 'bon', or 'bonne' is for feelings.

Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment